The rotator cuff, a complex network of muscles and tendons cradling the shoulder joint, plays a pivotal role in maintaining joint stability. We have four muscles around our shoulder. They are Subscapularis, Teres minor, Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus. They hold the shoulder tight into the joint and help to move shoulder in all directions .Rotator cuff injuries, often characterized by a dull ache that intensifies at night, can significantly impact one’s daily life. MRI or ultrasound scans can diagnose whether it is a partial or a full tear. In this blog post, we explore the profound benefits of Ayurveda in treating rotator cuff injuries, showcasing Vedagram Hospital’s holistic approach to healing.
Understanding Rotator Cuff Injuries:
- A dull ache deep in the shoulder
- Disturb sleep
- Difficult to comb your hair or reach behind your back
- Be accompanied by arm weakness may be caused by progressive wear and tear of the tendon tissue over time.
- Repetitive overhead activity or prolonged bouts of heavy lifting can irritate or damage the tendon.
The Role of Ayurveda in Healing:
Ayurveda as a time-tested healing system that addresses the root causes of injuries. Emphasize the holistic nature of Ayurvedic treatments, focusing not only on symptom relief but also on restoring overall balance to the body.
Ayurvedic Treatments at Vedagram Hospital:
- Massage Therapy: Massages to alleviate pain, improve circulation, and promote healing.
- Bandaging with Healing Medicines: Ayurvedic bandages, infused with potent healing accelerators, contribute to the recovery process.
- Panchakarma: The detoxification and rejuvenation process of Panchakarma, designed to eliminate toxins and enhance overall well-being.
- Internal Medicines: Ayurvedic internal medicines reduce inflammation, address pain, and support the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
In-Patient Management and Expected Relief: Usually an in patients management of two to three weeks is advised. 70 % Relief can be expected oil discharge and total cure within three months